Request For Resources: Jabber server

Steve Dickson SteveD at redhat.com
Thu Jun 5 19:03:18 UTC 2008

Project Sponsor

Name: Steve Dickson

Wiki Name: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Steved

Fedora Account Name: steved

Group: I don't know

Infrastructure Sponsor: Matt Domsch

Secondary Contact info

Name: Same as above??

Wiki Name:

Fedora Account Name: steved

Group:

Project Info

Project Name: Jabber server

Target Audience:
The participants for the upcoming FESCo/Board meeting

Expiration/Delivery Date (required):
Delivery Date: ASAP, the meet date is June 9th, at 3:30pm
Expiration Date: I guess some time after the meeting, but
it might be nice to keep the server up and running to
see if people actual use it..

Description/Summary:
Set up a Jabber server for an upcoming FESCo/Board meeting

Project plan (Detailed):

For an upcoming FESCo/Board meeting I would like to set up Jabber server
to allow participants of the meeting to used a virtual WhiteBoard?.

I've done some local testing of both the whiteboard-sharing Jabber client Coccinella and the Openfire Jabber server. The software seems to work fairly well so I would like to make the Jabber server publicly accessible.

The three packages, above and by a "normal" F9 server configuration, that were needed were: java-1.6.0-openjdk, mysql-5.0.51a-1 and openfire-3.5.1-1.i386. Openfire was downloaded from: http://www.igniterealtime.org/downloads)

Note the meeting is schedule for: June 9th, at 3:30pm

Goals: To be be done on time and to be useful...

Specific resources needed
Additional Info (Optional)