Announcing FAS2 Tests!

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Mar 6 21:05:04 UTC 2008

On Thu, 6 Mar 2008, susmit shannigrahi wrote:

> Well, "Create new group" gives an error if there is a "_" or a "." in
> group name.
> For example creating "susmit_test" or "susmit.test" gives
>

> Error!
>
> The following error(s) have occured with your request:
>
>     * name: The input is not valid
>

> Is it a bug or error checking?

Thats both actually.  We ran across that yesterday ourselves. Basically if
you try to create a group without valid characters (for a while "-" wasn't
valid) It'd throw that error.  Which really doesn't describe what the
problem is.  We're working to make this more descript (it turns out this
particular issue is more complex then it seems.  In the meantime I might
just add better help next to that field.

	-Mike