Metalink support

Bram Neijt bneijt at gmail.com
Mon Mar 17 13:19:20 UTC 2008

So would I, but for what I've seen the SHA1 information is not part of
the mirrormanager database.

For any "good" implementation of metalinks in the mirrormanager, I
would at least want trustworthy SHA1 information in the database
otherwise the only advantage of using metalinks would be load
balancing on your mirrors (which is already mostly fixed with MM).

So for the end user, there is not much to gain if metalinks is
implemented in the mirrormanager. The only solution for the SHA1
information I could think of was to implement a script on the main
mirror which hosts the SHA1 files, which would mean not running on the
server with the MM database, which would mean not having direct access
to that database.

Parsing HTML is pretty stupid, I agree, but there is probably a much
cleaner way of getting the mirror list (I havn't worked with turbo
gears before, so I couldn't find a view of the list I would want).
Something like fedora-test-data/mirror-hosts-core.txt would be much
better.

Rene is still working on the MM patch, but without the SHA1
information, I'm not really sure it would be _my_ ideal solution.

Greets,
   Bram