Re: Fedora CA Project

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:16 PM, Jeremy Katz <katzj redhat com> wrote:

>  Also, going off and building our own thing feels like it's going to be a
>  long-term detriment.  Some of the bits for proper CRLs and the like are
>  not trivial and very important to get "right"

Not that this matters for anything but coming from the guy who's
sitting in the peanut gallery :), I *really* think that we should look
long and hard at Dogtag.  Perhaps it comes from where I work, but I'm
a big proponent of eating our own dog food (or wearing our own dog
tag, as it were :) ),   They've already done the hard work.  If it's
not good enough for what we need it to do, what's to make us think
that it'll be deployed *at all*?  We should really attempt to repair
any shortcomings that Dogtag has to make it usable.

$0.000001
-Jon