introduction all around

john cicero at insightbb.com
Wed Mar 26 13:13:19 UTC 2008

Hey everyone,

My name is John Roman, and I suppose this is my introduction.  I hope to
be considered for membership in the infrastructure group but of couse,
I'm not yet familiar enough with it.  im lurking the #fedora-admin
channel for now as nimbius.  occasionally ill browse the ticketing
system to get an idea of what infrastructure at Fedora does.

I'm a 26 year old infrastructure engineer by trade with 3 years
experience in Red Hat based systems.  Ive worked one small shop, and one
large shop.  I've been a Fedora user since its inception and its taught
me quite a bit about linux.  Some of the things I enjoy doing most with
fedora are high-availability clustering, building fiber channel LVM,
and samba replacements for domain controllers.

for reference, I am an active contributor in the sambawiki on active
directory/samba integration.

I want to join the infrastructure group because it will give me a chance
to help the project, as well as learn more about an operating system
that has been with me in one form or another for around 8 years.