user-added planet script

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Fri May 9 12:07:17 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 09:43 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:

> I have some more questions about the policy:
what policy? There's no policy.

> - is someone allowed to put more than one feed? Like his blog and a foto
> gallery or his personal blog and the news feed from a local Fedora
> community site. Of course one can aggregate his own multiple feeds into
> single one and use that aggregated feed (for example using Google
> Reader, and we can provide a short documentation about doing so). OTOH,
> technically one can put more entries in one .planet file and it should
> be parsed correctly;

People are already allowed to have more than one feed entry. Most folks
don't, but there's nothing stopping it. And the code I have already
handles multiple entries per .planet file.

> - I assume you plan a check of those .planet files against malicious
> use, so they have only the allowed entries (and not, for example, values
> that override the defaults, like the output directory, template
> locations or whatever);

yes.

> - not sure if this is worth pursuing, but I found gregdek's idea [1]
> interesting: use hackergotchis to create a set of stickers. Here is the
> issue of people wanting/not wanting their images to be used and the
> license of the submitted images.

I think we're getting a bit afield of where we started.

here's the (completely untested) code I have so far:
http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/planetconfigbuilder.py

-sv