Disk Space Issues - cvs-int/build hosts - (includes general note on Nagios Disk notifications)

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Tue May 13 12:27:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 23:55 +1200, Nigel Jones wrote:
> Anyway, what this means, is that when nagios has been complaining about
> cvs-int recently, in particular the fact that /git has reached WARNING.
> After a bit of hunting around, I found /repo/pkgs using 168GiB of the
> 192GiB available, which is understandable, Fedora has got huge.
>
> Problem here, is that there are a LOT of old tarballs in that folder,
> which leaves me wondering if we should do a spring clean ~1 mo after
> release.

We can't do this.  We need to keep the tarballs for packages which were
released (in any form, be it rawhide, an update, or the actual release
-- and probably even updates-testing) for 3 years to comply with the
terms of the GPL.

Not to mention that removing them would break any ability to go back and
try to bisect or find the source of a problem in an automated fashion.
And yes, I've actually had to go back to ancient history to do so in the
past with some packages :-/

Jeremy