Fedora 9 Sulpher: First Impression

Jan Johansson jan.johansson.mr at gmail.com
Thu May 15 08:26:27 UTC 2008

Hello,

Fedora is my favorite distribution, so I've followed it since version
5 and forward.
I'm preferring KDE desktop, but GNOME is very good also. Issues I had so far
with Sulpher is a) Not having full power to my Radeon HD 3870 and b) Some
strange problems with my network card (embedded on my motherboard) when
IPv6 is enabled.

I've been comparing Ubuntu, Mandriva and Fedora on my machine, and the
only distro that enables full throttle to Radeon is Ubuntu (by
installing propriety
driver from its repository).

Besides that, I've only used Suplher some few hours now, so I am still poking
around in the system to get a more detailed feel about the whole thing.

Great Work!!!!!!

Best Regards,
Jan