Blog syndication for GSoC - ers

Yaakov Nemoy loupgaroublond at gmail.com
Sun May 25 04:05:48 UTC 2008

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Eugene Teo <eteo at redhat.com> wrote:

> Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
>> With the new process for getting (and staying) on Planet Fedora in
>> place, how does it affect GSoC-ers ?
>>
>> Do we have their blogs on the Planet ? And, do they get FedoraPeople.org
>> accounts ?
>
> Is it possible to waive the requirement that my mentee has to be
> sponsored to a group other than the CLA group? I remember there were
> discussion about syndicating our mentees blogs to Planet Fedora?

I'm going to forward this to seth vidal, who is in charge of such
things, and the Fedora Infrastructure team.

Personally I think that the students/mentees will need access to the
wiki at some point or another. That can definitely count as a second
group.  I've made it a point for my mentee to have a biography on the
wiki, and with the new wiki, it has it's own group in FAS.

To actually put a blog on Planet Fedora, the mentees need to follow
the instructions seth posted a few days ago.

They can be found here
http://skvidal.wordpress.com/2008/05/19/changes-at-planet-fedora/

-Yaakov