Change Freeze Breakage

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Nov 4 18:54:41 UTC 2008

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>
> > Id like to get started on load balancing koji.  First step will be a soc
> > request to have koji's IP put on the load balancer.  and pointed at koji1 and
> > koji2
> >
> How will this affect people doing last minute rebuilds (I'm guessing it
> should be transparent if koji2 works fine)?  Is it easy to revert/work
> around if something goes wrong?
>
> Since koji won't affect the distribution of the pre-release, I'm
> inclined to say the sooner we do this the less disruptive it will be.

I think thats what dennis had in mind, get it in before the next change
freeze starts.  I've submitted a ticket to get the network portion of this
ready.  It gets a +1 from me.

The only thing to note is we won't be able to point the builders at the
load balanced IP until we get the builders / build system on its own
network.  The route back through the same interface as source issue in our
balancer.

	-Mike