Re: outage at ibilio

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Seth Vidal wrote:

On Tue, 18 Nov 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Seth Vidal wrote:

On Mon, 17 Nov 2008, Mike McGrath wrote:

Hey guys, we're having connection issues to ibiblio again, I've taken
their IP out of our proxy DNS setup so users don't hit it.  They still
will with torrent.  The issue seems less of a total outage and more of a
packet loss, I got about 52% loss earlier so torrent users should still be
able to connect, just slower then they'd expect for now.

Keeping an eye on things.

It looks like it has recovered. I've confirmed with the folks at MCNC that it was happening and that it looks like it has stopped. I'll be following up with
them about its status.

Ibiblio has been stable over the last 24 hours so I'd imagine their issue
has been fixed whatever it was.

2+1's to re-enable that site for the proxy servers?

+1  - but I'm still asking what happened.

Just got word back.

It was a switch that lost it's special fast-switching module. So it fell back to dumb-switch mode and everything overloaded.

it's been swapped and is all better now.

-sv