F10 Beta release

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Tue Sep 30 22:23:18 UTC 2008

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> Great job with the release this morning, guys.  I know there were some
> gremlins in a torrent or two, but overall very painless and you guys
> made it look easy (as always).  Hurrah, another milestone on the path
> to Cambridge!
>
> If anyone has any issues, we could plant them on a page for the next
> release day planning group call.

I'd like to give a shout out to Seth Vidal and the guys at ibiblio for
getting the new torrent server installed and ready in a very short time
span.

Also, unrelated to torrent, I'd like to point out some other metrics I've
been putting together for release days:

https://admin.fedoraproject.org/zabbix/charts.php?fullscreen=0&groupid=0&hostid=10071&graphid=380
and
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/zabbix/charts.php?fullscreen=0&groupid=0&hostid=10071&graphid=379

Those are updated every 30 seconds (right now at least) and give a view of
hits / second for mirrors and the wiki.  This is something we can watch on
release day instead of sitting around saying things like "are they here
yet?"  :)  In the future it may also help diagnose problems.

	-Mike