Preventing ctrl-c from blocking CVS commit messages

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Thu Apr 30 21:30:27 UTC 2009

On 2009-04-23 04:30:25 PM, Ricky Zhou wrote:
> I'd appreciate if people can test and try to abuse/break this setup :-),
> so I have a test repo setup.  To test this, you need to be in
> sysadmin-test:
>
> 1. Prepend your ~/.ssh/authorized_keys file on
> publictest10.fedoraproject.org with:
>
> command="/home/fedora/ricky/test.sh",no-port-forwarding,no-X11-forwarding,no-agent-forwarding,no-pty
>
> (make sure not to accidentally lock yourself out with this)
>
> 2. Checkout the test module with:
> cvs -d :ext:username at publictest10.fedoraproject.org/home/fedora/ricky/repo co test
>
> 3. Try to make a commit without it getting logged in
> /home/fedora/ricky/repo/CVSROOT/commitlog
>
> Feel free to try clever/evil things to test this out.
Update: Now it's slightly easier for some people to test this out.

If you are in the packager group and you are not in any of
sysadmin-main, sysadmin-test, sysadmin-noc, then you do not need to take
any special action, you can just:

cvs -d :ext:username at publictest10.fedoraproject.org/home/fedora/ricky/repo co test

and test ctrl-cing commits.  If you are in one of the three groups
listed, you'll still have to follow the instructions to restrict your
SSH command.

Thanks, and please test!
Ricky