Mailing list migration procedures

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 16:43:04 UTC 2009

On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 10:12 AM, Matt Domsch<Matt_Domsch at dell.com> wrote:

> I added a couple notes about _not_ regenerating the archives, and
> handling the forwards from Red Hat.

Good catch.  I assumed that RHT would be willing to continue hosting
the archives for the old lists for an indefinite period, and that any
new links that folks make would obviously point to the new archives.
If we just take the HTML from Red Hat without regenerating it so that
the old filenames work, then I fear that some of the links in the HTML
might not work (particularly to attachments, if there were any)