Joining the Fedora Infrastructure team

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 18:21:10 UTC 2009

On 08/24/2009 02:32 AM, Mathieu Bridon (bochecha) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to join the Infrastructure team, so here is my introduction.
>
> I'm a junior system engineer. I have a short (one year) experience
> managing RHEL (2.1 to 5, yes we still have 2.1 in production :'( ) web
> servers running J2EE applications with Apache/JOnAS (please, don't ask
> me the versions of those two, you might have nightmares ^^').
>
> I'm also getting familiar with TurboGears web applications as I'm
> developing one myself. [1]
>
> Finally, for the skills that might be of interest to the
> Infrastructure team, I'm a Fedora package maintainer. [2]
>
> My motivation for joining the Infrastructure team is that I feel like
> I can help, even if only a little, and I'm sure I can learn a lot from
> this (and I love learning :)
>
> I'll try to be around this thursday for the IRC meeting. Let me know
> if there's something I can do in the meantime.

Hi bochecha!

It seems like you can fit right in either working on the system admin or
the development side of Fedora Infrastructure.  If you need anything or
want to find a project to start working on we do most of our
communication in #fedora-admin.  mmcgrath, smooge, and ricky can help
you if you'd like to work on some system admin tasks.  ricky and I are
good resources for getting started on development tasks.

The Infrastructure Orientation page is a good place to start looking for
things to do:

   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Orientation_Infrastructure_SOP

For more development oriented things, I can help you get started hacking
on pkgdb or another project.
-Toshio