Infrastructure Introduction

Terrance Hutchinson terrance.hutchinson at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 22:00:30 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am highly interested in joining the Fedora Infrastructure team. I am a
Systems Integration Engineer/Software Developer for Hewlett-Packard in the
NAS/SAN division. I have been here for about 1 year
and before that was IT administrator for my schools Engineering department.
I was in charge of maintaining all of the EDA servers as well
as Linux workstations (100+). At my job now I deal with a lot of storage,
manipulating, optimizing storage for various types of Application Servers.I
use Fedora as my workstation OS and I am the team linux guru. I am skilled
in HTML/CSS/JavaScript as well as Perl, Python and TCL/Tk.
I am fluent in the C/C++ and java programming languages.This could range
from performance issues to full on bug-hunts. I also manage our RHEL
vritualization clusters for client testing. Another part of my job is to
create rpm's and source tarballs for the various software and utilities we
use. I have experience in package management and I working on becoming a
package maintainer in Fedora. I have access to about 3 servers
that I can use for development, two are loaded up to be virtual app servers
and one is File Server (iSCSI and NFS). I am also a Fedora Ambassador for my
area.

If you need to know more or if there is more I need to do please let me know
as I would love to be part of the team.

Thanks for taking the time to read this email. I look forward to working
with such an awesome group of people.

Hutchint