Introduction

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 19:12:11 UTC 2009

On 08/26/2009 09:35 AM, Christian Del Pino wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> My name is Chris. I am looking to contribute my skills and time to the
> Fedora Infrastructure group.
>
> I started using Linux back in 1996 while in college. In 2005, I became a
> system administrator at a small company helping them build, deploy, and
> support Linux based laptops for use in capturing clinical data. Other
> tasks included projects to help the company scale our operations.
>
> I have a Bachelor's in Computer Science, and I am currently pursuing a
> Master's in Information Systems, with a couple of semesters to go. I
> also became a Red Hat Certified Technician back in 2004.
>
> My skills include:
>
> Bash scripting
> MySQL
> C++
> HTML
> CSS
> Some Python
> Some PostgreSQL
> Started learning some Django.
>
> I want to be involved in the Fedora community by helping out where I
> can, and also learn some more new skills along the way.

If you're interested in Django, one project that started off purely in
Fedora but has become more of its own upstream is transifex
(http://www.transifex.org,  #transifex on irc.freenode.net).  diegobz,
glezos, and ivazquez are all Fedora community members as well as
transifex hackers.  Our particular transifex instance is at:
https://translate.fedoraproject.org

Most of the rest of our web apps are written for the TurboGears 1
framework.  We're going to port them to TG2 at some point in the
indefinite future (probably when someone volunteers to make it their pet
project :-).

If there's one particular web application that you're interested in, I
can help get you started.  If you just want someone to suggest
something, I can have you look through the tickets for the packagedb and
we can find something for you to work on :-)

best way to reach me is abadger1999 on irc.freenode.net -- #fedora-admin
but email to this list also works.

-Toshio