Docs Installation Guide - Submission and Download problem

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 23:58:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, Dec 04, 2009 at 10:51:59AM +0200, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> 2009/12/3 Ruediger Landmann <r.landmann at redhat.com>:
> > On 12/02/2009 05:47 PM, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> >>
> >> Rudi, you could clear the cache and refresh it.
> >>

> > Really? How do I do that? I'd thought that a button like that would be useful for the
> > maintainer of a project
>
> This button is available on the web interface on component pages for
> maintainers.
>
> > , not least of which because changes to a POT in the repo don't automatically
> > trigger a refresh (of course!) while submissions of updated POs do.
>
> This functionality has been available in Transifex for a while, it's
> just that Fedora is still running an old (and unmaintained) version.

Diego posted the summary of what needs to be done here:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1455#comment:10

In short, we need a few people to step up and help with the process
Diego posted.

We already do have a L10n Admin group[1] that should be overseeing and
managing this process, to ensure a successful rollout for translators.
Their charter is to maintain the infrastructure for translators, and
this clearly falls into that area.  I've heard from two of the people
in that group that they can't do all this work themselves, but haven't
heard from Ankit or Asgeir about it.

What I would suggest is that Diego should help with bullet #4 on that
list, as it probably requires the greatest degree of specific
technical knowledge, in this case a database upgrade.  The rest of the
work on that ticket could likely be done entirely by the remainder of
the team, maybe with limited input from Diego.  It would be helpful
for Asgeir or Ankit to help manage this set of tasks in collaboration
with Diego, who has appropriate package access.  (I'm cc'ing Ignacio
directly as well, so he can add appropriate CVS access for any other
people who are willing to help maintain the EL-5 package used on our
Infrastructure.)

Without help, it's doubtful there will be a new Transifex rolled out,
and that means some of the problems people are experiencing will
continue, even though they're already fixed upstream.  I'm cc'ing the
docs, devel, and infrastructure lists to see if any of the people in
areas well served by translators are willing to help see this project
through.  It's time to pull together, guys, and see if we can help the
translators who give so much across the whole Fedora Project.

* * *
[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Tools#Website