SOP creation made easier

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 18:31:03 UTC 2009

Since we were directly inspired to create the Marketing SOPs by seeing
how much good it's done Infrastructure to have them, I thought I'd share
some back - we made a template and a SOP for making SOPs to make the
SOP-generation process itself easier on folks who might not want to
spend a lot of time on wiki editing.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Creating_a_Marketing_SOP
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Template:Marketing_SOP

They're both marketing-specific at the moment, but could be cloned for
Infrastructure in a few minutes.

Another way to make it even easier to make SOPs would be to use
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:InputBox, which would give you a
text field with a button next to it; if you type a title into the text
field and hit the button, it throws you straight into the Edit page for
a new page with that title, with a template you prespecify already in
there. If someone wants to implement that extension, I'd be happy to do
the wiki work needed to document/use it for various types of
pages-that-should-be-easy-to-create once the extension is installed.

--Mel