Re: Why puppet uses config instead of configs?

susmit shannigrahi wrote:
Hi,

In puppet when we add a new file, we use this lines in the .pp files:

        source => 'puppet:///config/web/applications/FreeMedia-error.html',

where as the actual location of the file (FreeMedia-error.html) is

[susmit puppet1 puppet]$ find -name FreeMedia-error.html
./configs/web/applications/FreeMedia-error.html

So the source in the .pp file should be
'puppet:///configs/web/applications/FreeMedia-error.html'

Why this discrepancy? Just curious...

The [config] fileserver mount may point to /path/to/configs/, which would allow this discrepancy to exist.

If you are going to change anything, maybe consider using [files] vs. /path/to/files/ since that "name" for the "mount" appears to be most commonly used.

Kind regards,

Jeroen van Meeuwen
-kanarip