Greetings

Ricky Zhou ricky at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jul 16 00:06:43 UTC 2009

On 2009-07-15 09:12:55 AM, Hjörleifur Jónsson wrote:
> My name is Hjorleifur I am a 30 year old sysadmin and an avid Linux user from
> Iceland currently living in Sweden.
> I have been using Redhat/RHEL/FEDORA since  Cartman(6.1) and probably every
> release since. As well as other Linux Distros, NetBSD,FreeBSD etc.
> I have experience in running production environment's for financial
> institutions.  Past roles I have held are Software developer (c++,vb,vb.net) on
> windows ;). DBA Team Leader (Oracle and SQL Server),Infrastructure Team Leader
> running VMware VI3 clusters, Linux, Windows, Hpux servers  and various
> application servers on thees platforms.  And recently I have been experimenting
> with Opensolaris.
>
> The fields/technology's that interest me most are Cloud computing , clusters
> hpc(though I do have not much experience there) and fail over, load balance and
> virtualization.
Hey, welcome - we're heavy users of virtualization (currently mostly xen
and possibly looking at some KVM too).  I think there's actually a cloud
project going on at the moment, although I'm not 100% what stage that is
at right now.

We have some pretty simple load balancing for our web apps with haproxy,
and at least one use of heartbeat, although I'm not all that familiar
with the heartbeat setup either.

We usually hang out on #fedora-admin on Freenode, and we have weekly
meetings in #fedora-meeting on Thursdays at 20:00 UTC - if you can make
tomorrow's meeting, make sure to come and say hi.

Thanks,
Ricky