New to the group

Chris Krough chris at krough.org
Mon Jun 22 22:46:40 UTC 2009

Hello everyone,

I am new to the group and would like to introduce myself.

I'm employed as a systems engineer (admin/developer) in the NOC of a
large hosting provider. Most of our infrastructure systems run RHEL
and various open source and/or in-house applications for supporting
and monitoring a large network. My coding skills are probably
consistent with those of a long time systems admin and linux geek, but
are not near "OS Developer" levels. When given the choice I code in
PHP or Perl, and a number of the applications I work with at the
moment are written in Ruby and Python, so I can find my way around in
them as well. I've enjoyed lurking and helping in IRC and would like
to get a bit more involved in the project. By joining the project I am
hoping to make some worthwhile contributions and possibly get some
exposure to different systems and software practices.

Thanks!

Chris

ckrough in IRC

--