Please test our new calendering solutions.

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Mar 26 16:56:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, 26 Mar 2009, Clint Savage wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 9:33 AM, Simon Birtwistle <simon at zikula.org> wrote:
> >> For testing purpose, I have tried out many solutions, but the two most
> >> suitable contenders are
> >> 1.Zikula
> >> 2.Citadel
> >

> I'd like to throw in my previous email as a reference for this exact
> purpose.  There was a long discussion[1] around which I already
> created a list of potential calendaring solutions[2].  Of which, we
> need to evaluate those as well since from what I can see, neither of
> these solutions allow me to update the calendar (my personal or a
> group calendar) with the caldav server type functionality.  Maybe I
> missed that, but I think that's an integral part of the need for a
> calendaring solution IMO.  if you follow the discussion held a while
> ago, the list suggested becomes more integral to the scheduling
> functionality needed in Fedora.
>
> I'm still under the impression that we should set up test servers for
> these other systems too as most (if not all) are FOSS as well and
> better fit the needs of a full calendaring free/busy type solution.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Clint
>
> 1 - https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2009-February/msg00060.html
> 2 - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Herlo/Fedora_Calendar_Project_Desired_Features_%28Draft%29

If you've got time to set some up we'd be happy to work with you on it,
some of the projects we looked at got dropped for various reasons.  SOGo
requires ldap which we don't have, Bedework requires sun's java so it got
dropped.  If you had other specific ones you wanted us to look at please
do update the ticket -

I've never looked for FOSS calendar solutions, I don't think susmit has
either so we're just googling and looking around for solutions that might
work.  susmit's done a great job of getting some of these up, I'm sure he
can get others up too.

	-Mike