How to generate a .template and .jigdo from an iso image?

Pablo Iranzo Gómez piranzo at redhat.com
Fri May 8 06:26:38 UTC 2009

Hi

----- "Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams" <ivazqueznet at gmail.com> escribió:

> On Thu, 2009-05-07 at 22:00 +0100, Marcelo M. Garcia wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I'm interested in generating the .jigdo and .template from a .iso
> image.
> > I couldn't find much information on this. It would be a
> straightforward
> > process, just run "jigdo-file file.iso" and I would have my .jigdo
> and
> > my .template.
> >
> > The problem is doing like this, my .template has almost the same
> size of
> > the .iso image. I noticed that the Fedora 11 x86_64 has only 11.1M.
> My
> > question is how to do that? How to get a .template so small?
> >
> > Where I can get a good documentation about jigdo-file? The official
> web
> > site[1] it isn't very helpful.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Marcelo
>
> From man 1 jigdo-file:
>
> """
>        jigdo-file   COMMAND
>         [ --image=cdrom.iso ] [ --jigdo=cdrom.jigdo  ]
>        [  --template=cdrom.template  ]  [  --force ] [
>        MORE OPTIONS ] [ FILES ... | --files-from=f ]
>         Common  COMMANDs:  make-template,  make-image,
>        verify

Ignacio, the problem with size is probably because not having files available, what I used is https://alufis35.uv.es/Creando-plantillas-Jigdo-Jigsaw.html, translating it:

Having iso original file at path/iso/ and having the iso loopback mounted and available at path/tree/

We should run

jigdo-file mt -i path/iso/Fedora.iso -j Fedora-DVD.jigdo -t Fedora-DVD.template —uri fedoramirrors=http://whatevermirror path/tree/

After some checks, trying to download missing files it will create the template and .jigdo and hopefully, will be a small one ;)

Regards
Pablo

--
Pablo Iranzo Gómez (Pablo.Iranzo at redhat.com)
RHC{SP,E,SS,DS,A} Senior Global Profesional Services Consultant

--
Inscrita en el Reg. Mercantil de Madrid – C.I.F. B-82 65 79 41
Directores: Michael Cunningham, Charlie Peters y David Owens