Change Request - email alias handling

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu May 21 17:01:21 UTC 2009

Right now FAS constructs email aliases only for accounts that are
active.  This is causing us two problems.

1) We have recently implemented a "bot" status for accounts that makes
it so the account can't be logged into and don't go inactive.  This
status needs to be allowed to get email as well.

2) inactive accounts are bouncing mail, not just from the pkgdb which
I've been handling and have a mid-term and long-term plan for fixing but
also for the wiki watch-page function which we currently don't have a
good mid-term plan for.  Restoring aliases for inactive accounts seems
like the best short-term solution for this.

Fixing these requires updating the fas server code.  Attaching a patch
to hotfix our servers with to do this.  The patch has been tested on
fas1.stg successfully.

-Toshio