fp.o content via IPv6

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Thu Sep 10 05:29:43 UTC 2009

On Thu, Sep 10, 2009 at 05:16:23AM +0000, Daniel Drown wrote:
> That said, the various MSS fixes (point #2 and the origional poster's iptables
> command) avoid the problem for TCP.

rhel5, which is what we're running in production, has a kernel old
enough that it doesn't have the iptables --clamp-mss-to-pmtu
capability for ipv6.

We've had over 5000 successful connections using ipv6 this week, and
about 5 _reported_ failures.  In the same time, we've had millions of
successful v4 connections.  I'm inclined to believe the failures,
while annoying, are still few and far between compared with the rest
of our traffic.  I'm not quite ready to turn off ipv6 again, or switch
to forcing "knowledgable" users to use www.ipv6.fp.o, as it would drop
our IPv6 userbase to effectively zero.

--
Matt Domsch
Technology Strategist, Dell Office of the CTO