FAD -- startin' early

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Sep 25 19:02:31 UTC 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 14:25:47 -0400,
  "Paul W. Frields" <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 01:31:03PM -0400, Jon Stanley wrote:
>
> If it does, we do plan to use IRC, Gobby, and Fedora Talk itself to
> facilitate remote participation.  For instance, Bruno said he was
> going to try to do some work with us remotely.

Yep. I took that Friday off from work so I'd be available. I might end up
roleplaying Saturday evening, but it sounds like things will be mostly
wrapped up by then.

I have asterisk running on a box at home that connects several normal phones
together using a tdm400p and I have it sort of handling sip calls directly
to my box and to my fedora sip account. The sip stuff seems to hang, when
I think it used to work more relibably in the past. (I didn't have a head set
then, so I couldn't do as much testing.) It might be a firewall issue, so
I need to do some more testing. Hopefully I'll having the sip part working
better for the FAD. (Though this would be more for trying things, as I can
make outbound calls using twinkle in any case.)

I haven't done anything very complicated with asterisk. I'd play with it more,
but because Digium won't upstream dahdi, there is a conflict between moving
forward in Fedora and having working hardware.