FAD Fedora Talk tech items

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 18:11:47 UTC 2009

Two tech items I wanted to clear up for Fedora Talk FAD:

First, qe discussed earlier using softphones for consistency and less
equipment-lugging.  Didn't hear any votes against so that's all we're
planning at this point.  It also makes sense to concentrate on that
use because the majority of people using Fedora Talk are likely using
softphones.

Second, network setup at the site.  I talked to the owner of the
office we'll be using and he says they have a wide-open wireless,
*and* a wired connection we can feel free to use which is the same
thing their wireless plugs into.  I'm going to scoot over there on
Friday if I can, and test how things work with a softphone.  I didn't
get any hints from anyone on what special tests I needed to do beyond
trying to hook up to Fedora Talk and make and receive a call, so
that's all I plan to do unless someone tells me otherwise.