Transifex upgrade

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 14:14:49 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:45:23AM +1000, Noriko Mizumoto wrote:
> Paul W. Frields さんは書きました:
> >Diego posted the summary of what needs to be done here:
> >
> >https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1455#comment:10
> >
> >In short, we need a few people to step up and help with the process
> >Diego posted.
> >
> >We already do have a L10n Admin group[1] that should be overseeing and
> >managing this process, to ensure a successful rollout for translators.
> >Their charter is to maintain the infrastructure for translators, and
> >this clearly falls into that area.  I've heard from two of the people
> >in that group that they can't do all this work themselves, but haven't
> >heard from Ankit or Asgeir about it.
> >
> >What I would suggest is that Diego should help with bullet #4 on that
> >list, as it probably requires the greatest degree of specific
> >technical knowledge, in this case a database upgrade.  The rest of the
> >work on that ticket could likely be done entirely by the remainder of
> >the team, maybe with limited input from Diego.  It would be helpful
> >for Asgeir or Ankit to help manage this set of tasks in collaboration
> >with Diego, who has appropriate package access.  (I'm cc'ing Ignacio
> >directly as well, so he can add appropriate CVS access for any other
> >people who are willing to help maintain the EL-5 package used on our
> >Infrastructure.)
> >
> >Without help, it's doubtful there will be a new Transifex rolled out,
> >and that means some of the problems people are experiencing will
> >continue, even though they're already fixed upstream.  I'm cc'ing the
> >docs, devel, and infrastructure lists to see if any of the people in
> >areas well served by translators are willing to help see this project
> >through.  It's time to pull together, guys, and see if we can help the
> >translators who give so much across the whole Fedora Project.
>
> >[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/L10N/Tools#Website
> >
> Thanks Paul,
> We are very much appreciated if any of you guys can give a hand to
> L10n team this time, as by coincidence both of Ankit and Asgeir are
> having leave (most likely traveling) and they might not be able have
> connection at all.
>
> I like to add brother i18n team as well.

Quick note -- if you look at the Trac ticket:

...you'll see that thanks to a number of excellent Fedorans including
Diego, Rakesh, Toshio, Ricky, Jens, and Dimitris, the upgrade is
proceeding apace.  There was a short break for the holidays but it
looks like we're on our way to an upgraded Transifex.  Thank you to
everyone who continues to help with this.

As of the latest update:
https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/1455#comment:33

Toshio has some questions that need to be resolved to continue the
upgrade process.  If you want to get involved, visit the ticket and
then stop by #fedora-admin if you are able to lend a hand.