Getting rid of sysprof-kmod

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sun Dec 2 00:09:24 UTC 2007

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007 at 01:02:23AM +0100, Gianluca Sforna wrote:
 > Hi,
 > I just finished removing the sysprof-kmod package from CVS as mandated
 > by the new guidelines for F9 and above.
 >
 > I am now seeking some help to understand what is needed to have again
 > the kernel module required for proper operations of the sysprof
 > package.
 >
 > Upstream sources are at:
 > http://www.daimi.au.dk/~sandmann/sysprof/

The upstream kernel is likely to eventually get support for
perfmon2 integrated, but this could really use more work.
It's been in -mm for a while.  If there's anything that sysprof
can do that perfmon can't (which would be surprising given
perfmons featuritis) it would useful to talk with the perfmon
developers so we can eventually arrive at an upstreamed solution
and not have to worry about integrating out-of-tree patches.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk