2.6.22 rebase.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Tue Jul 10 16:47:33 UTC 2007

Last night/this morning, I've rebased FC6 and F7 CVS to 2.6.22
There are a few things worth mentioning.

* I neglected to note that Xen still built from kernel/
  in FC-6.  kernel-xen was only F-7 aparently.
  As it would have likely needed decoupling anyway, I'll
  leave the Xen team to fix this in kernel-xen in whatever
  manner they see fit.

* nouveau needs rebasing.  Ajax?
  Not sure where to pull that from right now.
  (add url to scripts/pull-upstreams.sh)

* No idea just how solid the wireless stuff is right now.
  I picked up whatever we had in rawhide as of yesterday,
  so it's "shiny and new", but for all I know that could
  translate to "shiny and broken".

* Some of the experimental bits (like tickless), I've left enabled
  right now.  Depending on how things look from the first round
  of testing will decide whether we keep it on for release.

* There's a bunch of 'new bits' scheduled for .23 that we had in
  rawhide at the time of rebase that I feel are "ready", and make
  for nice bonus goodies.  So there's CFS and cpuidle in there too
  for good measure.

As always, RPMs will appear on http://people.redhat.com/davej/ periodically.
(right now just F7/rawhide, but I'll see if I have enough quota to
 squeeze FC6 there too).

When will they hit updates-testing?
I anticipate we'll do a couple of builds before it goes out just to work
out the really stupid bugs, but hopefully in the next few days.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk