cpuspeed und cpuidle

Chuck Ebbert cebbert at redhat.com
Wed Jul 11 16:55:49 UTC 2007

On 07/11/2007 12:48 PM, Jarod Wilson wrote:
> I submitted a push request for the FC6 update I did w/the other pre-F7
> update system, but haven't got any notice about it being pushed just
> yet. I'll ping someone in rel-eng.
>
> Can't wait for FC-6 to die now, so we don't have two different ways of
> doing things (er, make that three w/the RHEL stuff I do too)...

Not until December...

I wonder if we shouldn't just be very conservative with FC6 and drop
the cpuidle there patch as well. Then that update wouldn't be needed.
Otherwise we've got to add another 'requires' to the kernel package.

(And I assume the cpuspeed update still works with old 2.6.18 kernels
in case someone updates cpuspeed but not the kernel?)