fedora kernel utrace updates

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 21:44:04 UTC 2007

> Same goes for F-7 I guess.  For devel however, it's a bit of a pain to
> have to disable a dozen ApplyPatch's during the (brief) window

Really?  Inserting "true || {" before and "}" after seems not much worse than
commenting out a line or two.

> when I rebase, and you haven't rediffed utrace yet (if its trivial,
> I've done it myself in the past, but it isn't always the case..)

Anyway, most of the time now I'm rebasing every day, lately more often than
rawhide.

> In more recent times, I actually as part of my daily -git rebasing
> have this tied into my scripts..
> rm -f linux-2.6-utrace.patch
> wget http://people.redhat.com/roland/utrace/2.6-current/linux-2.6-utrace.patch

Both forms will continue to be available there, so whatever works for you.

> Better yet of course would be upstream integration, making this
> whole problem go away.  But then, you knew that :)

Yes, well.  2.6.23 is sort of plausible I guess.

Thanks,
Roland