CONFIG_USB_SUSPEND

Peter Jones pjones at redhat.com
Wed Jun 20 17:44:18 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Dave Jones (davej at redhat.com) said:
>>  > Of course, upstream doesn't seem all that inclined[1] to make it so that
>>  > devices can actually work.  *sigh*
>>
>> Adding udev callouts as he suggests shouldn't be difficult though should it?
>
> You don't want udev callouts that simply. You want udev callouts that
> disable autosuspend when it's charging, monitor the battery for fully
> charged state, and then enable it again. Wheeeeee.

You also want the user to be able to go clicky-clicky when he doesn't
want it to charge right now.  Some of this sort of device do more than
just charge via usb, so there are other reasons to plug them in, but I
don't necessarily want to charge them while my laptop isn't plugged in,
either.

--
   Peter