2.6.20-1.2925 hangs after unmounting old proc and sys

Daniel Kirsten Daniel.Kirsten at gmx.net
Thu Mar 22 19:47:32 UTC 2007

On Thursday March 22 2007, you wrote:

> do a setenforce 0 before installing the kernel,
> there's a problem (still) with selinux policy preventing
> mkinitrd from doing the right thing.

It did not work. SELinux is turned off.

When I boot the self compiled 2.6.20-1.2925, the last message
is "unmounting old /sys", then the system hangs.

When I boot the standard fedora kernels,  SELinux is started
after the message "unmounting old /sys".   Hence, I conjectured
the problem is SELinux related.

When I boot my the self compiled 2.6.19-1.2911, I see

unmounting old /sys
Init version 2.86 ...

Best regards, Daniel