uswsusp with Fedora default kernel?

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Tue May 8 21:13:44 UTC 2007

Hello,

just a question, whether somebody made uswsusp working with
Fedora Core 6? Old kernel is unacceptably slow for me, and I need
ndiswrapper so kernel-suspend2 package is not an option, because
I would have to recompile the driver all the time. uwsusp being
in mainline kernel seems to be the only option, but apparently
uswsusp is not packaged for Fedora Core 6 -- of course, I could
package the program myself, but I am afraid of fiddling with
mkinitrd, which in Fedora seems to be extremely unflexible (or
may be I got it wrong).

Are there packages available somewhere where I haven't found them
yet, or could at least somebody point me please to some HOWTO on
changing mkinitrd (what should I do to make uswsusp work, and how
to made it into package)? And of course there are issues with
SELinux as well.

I have made experimental package available on
http://matej.ceplovi.cz/progs/rpms/suspend-0.50.20070328-6.3.1.src.rpm
(binary RPMs and .spec file are available in the same place), but
they don't work for me (because of SELinux, and because I haven't
modified mkinitrd).

Thanks for any hint,

Matěj Cepl