Sunifdef

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu May 24 15:32:45 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 13:29 +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> Dear Kernel list,
>
> I've noticed in the past that unifdef is used in kernel package
> building. I wonder if you're aware of a maintained and more
> featureful program, Sunifdef, which has evolved from unifdef (which
> seems mostly unmaintained). It's packaged for Fedora, and has a
> website here.

The kernel no longer uses an external unifdef -- it has its own in
scripts/unifdef.c. If you want to work with the upstream kernel to
change that to sunifdef, go ahead.

Can 'sunifdef -U__KERNEL__' fix up stuff like...

#if defined(__KERNEL__) && defined(__FOO__)
 and
#if defined(__KERNEL__) || defined(__BAR__)

... by treating them as '#if 0' (and eliding completely) and by
rewriting to just #ifdef __BAR__, respectively? If so, changing the
upstream kernel seems like it would be useful.

--
dwmw2