F8 branched.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Fri Oct 12 22:27:48 UTC 2007

CVS has now been branched.  For stuff going into F-8, make sure it gets
committed to the F-8/ branch.  devel/ will move on towards tracking 2.6.24 soon.

I'll commit something to devel/ today to make this clear and reduce opportunity
for screwups, but I'm not going to spend a huge amount of time fixing it
up/tracking -git just yet, whilst we still have opportunity to make F-8
suck less.  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/8/Schedule shows that
we have until the 17th as the absolute latest to get fixes in.
Typically I like to take the day prior to the freeze as the 'last patch day',
to give a day of breathing room for any last minute screwups,
(given that rawhide on the 17th will be the build from the 16th).
[There's nearly always something that needs a last minute change, but
 lets not rely on the fact that there'll be a build on the 17th]

So if you're sitting on anything for F-8, please have it merged up by Tuesday.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk