CONFIG_MAC80211_MESH causes kernel build to hang on ia64

Doug Chapman doug.chapman at hp.com
Tue Apr 1 16:19:12 UTC 2008

This is an odd one which I will continue to try to debug.

A recent change added CONFIG_MAC80211_MESH to the fedora kernel.  Oddly
this causes gcc to hang when building net/mac80211/debugfs_netdev.c.  I
originally suspected a gcc-4.3 bug but I then reproduced this on RHEL5
with gcc-4.1.2.

This code is not yet in Linus's tree.  Could someone point me to the git
tree where it lives?  I am thinking a git-bisect may help me find the
specific change that causes this.

In the meantime it would be greatly helpful if we could add the
following to config-ia64 and config-ia64-generic:

# CONFIG_MAC80211_MESH is not set

This along with the change to not apply the utrace patch (see my earlier
mail) once again allows ia64 to build.

thanks,

- Doug