problem in the pre-build stage

Oliveiros Cristina oliveiros.cristina at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 10:01:32 UTC 2008

hello list,

I have the following problem.
I needed to add some patches to the 2.6.24.4-64-fc8 kernel. Being more
specific , the patch allows
an upgrade to the version 1.7.5 of TIPC
I added a patch to the kernel.spec.

Even before building the kernel, when it is creating the .configs, I guess,
it reports an error.

I used the command :
rpmbuild -bp --target=`uname -m` kernel.spec

It reports the following error :

++ grep -c kernel-2.6.24.4-x86_64.config
+ '[' 0 -eq 0 ']'
+ rm -f kernel-2.6.24.4-x86_64.config
+ for i in '*.config'
+ mv kernel-2.6.24.4-i586.config .config
++ head -1 .config
++ cut -b 3-
+ Arch=i386
+ make ARCH=i386 nonint_oldconfig
.config:3365:warning: trying to assign nonexistent symbol DEBUG_IGNORE_QUIET
.config:3390:warning: trying to reassign symbol USB_DEBUG
CONFIG_TIPC_UNICLUSTER_FRIENDLY
CONFIG_TIPC_MULTIPLE_LINKS
CONFIG_TIPC_CONFIG_SERVICE
CONFIG_TIPC_SOCKET_API
CONFIG_TIPC_SYSTEM_MSGS
make[1]: *** [nonint_oldconfig] Error 5
make: *** [nonint_oldconfig] Error 2
erro: Código de saída inválido do /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.73865 (%prep)

Erros de criação do RPM:
    Código de saída inválido do /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.73865 (%prep)

Due to my lack of  experience with rpmbuild tool I fail to correctly
interpret this. The text in portuguese just reads "codigo de saída inválido
do"=  "invalid exit code from"
"Erros de criação do RPM"="Errors in creating RPM"

It seems to be having trouble on a target named nonint_oldconfig.

This is funny and unexpected, because I've already tried this same patch on
a vanilla kernel (building it in the tradictional way) and it worked at
first time.

I deeply appreciate if anyone who can suggest something to fix this....

Best,
Oliveiros

--
"An equation for me has no meaning, unless it represents a thought of God."
- Srinivasa Ramanujan Iyengar