RFC: split changelog out of spec

Jarod Wilson jwilson at redhat.com
Mon Aug 18 17:13:26 UTC 2008

Hey all,

Been toying with the idea of splitting the changelog out of the kernel spec
itself, to reduce the size of the spec file. Basically, instead of %changelog
followed by all the entries, it'd be %include %{SOURCE1}, which is a file
'fedora-kernel-changelog', which carries all the usual changelog entries. Its
reasonably trivial to implement, though my current hack-around for 'make clog'
complains about me redefining the clog target. Is shaving 800+ lines out of
the spec file (only to put them in another file) worth the hassle though?

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at redhat.com