execshield rebase

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Thu Dec 4 22:34:42 UTC 2008

On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 02:05:03PM -0800, Roland McGrath wrote:
 > I've been thinking for a while execshield.patch could be split into two or
 > three cleaner patches.  Some of those might even be upstreamable as config
 > options or something.  It really isn't that big a patch at this point.

I tried back in July when I got the diff down to under a thousand lines.
Linus wasn't really enthusiastic.

http://www.codemonkey.org.uk/junk/linus-es.txt
has the interesting bits..

The get_wchan bit that he mentions definitly should be factored out.
It's completely unrelated to the NX-emulation.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk