Disable CONFIG_ACPI_SYSFS_POWER?

drago01 drago01 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 11:53:23 UTC 2008

Hi,
I tested the kernel-2.6.24.2-3.fc8 (downloaded the x86_64 build
directly) on my laptop.
Hal detects two batteries because it looks in sysfs and in procfs for
the battery info. I tryed to apply the patch from the hal-list which
causes hal to not look in procfs but in sysfs only when the sysfs info
is available. The problem with this is that the info in sysfs is broken
(capcity 3.0 Wh etc while the procfs info is correct 45Wh).
I would suggest to set CONFIG_ACPI_SYSFS_POWER to n because the procfs
info already provides this data for userspace and does not report broken
values.