kernel posttrans and preun hooks for other packages

Jeremy Katz katzj at redhat.com
Sun Feb 17 19:17:16 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-02-16 at 09:53 -0600, Matt Domsch wrote:
> DKMS would like to have the opportunity to run it's
> auto-rebuilder/installer after a new kernel RPM has been installed,
> without having to wait for a system restart to run it.  Likewise, when
> a kernel RPM is removed, it would like to be able to run to remove
> modules managed by it.

When we talked about this, I guess at FUDCon last year, didn't we end up
agreeing to have this stuff done from /sbin/new-kernel-pkg?  Keeping the
implementation of things in the kernel package itself simple is a good
thing and carrying around the explicit scripts in the kernel package's
scriptlets doesn't help there.

Jeremy