Problems compiling kernel on rawhide

Eric Paris eparis at redhat.com
Wed Jan 2 19:20:09 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 09:35 +0100, Robert M. Albrecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did it manually, no message at all, but the file is generated. Should
> this be generated automatic ?
>
> [root at helios ~]# mkinitrd -f /boot/initrd-2.6.24-rc3-git7-ahci.img
> 2.6.24-rc3-git7-ahci
>
> [root at helios ~]# cat /etc/modprobe.conf
> alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
> options snd-card-0 index=0
> options snd-hda-intel index=0
> alias eth0 sky2
> [root at helios ~]#

odd, there should be some lines in there for your storage driver, I
have:

alias scsi_hostadapter libata
alias scsi_hostadapter1 ata_piix

there is probably some sort of kudzu magic that could be used to
generate that, or you can figure out which drivers you need and add them
in by hand.  Then rebuilt the initrd and try again....

-Eric