Proceedure for package private branches for testing

Ian Kent raven at themaw.net
Sun Jan 6 15:43:59 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 14:42 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:
> On Sun, 2008-01-06 at 21:19 +0900, Ian Kent wrote:
> > Yes, I got this advice on IRC and managed to get a build.
>
> You seemed to say something really bizarre on IRC -- that local builds
> of the kernel rarely worked. Can you elucidate?

I find that for some reason or another source rpm kernel builds fail for
me a lot on my local machine.

The last couple of times I've tried I've been getting an error about
debugedit -b option and incorrect argument lengths. I tried to work out
what the problem was last time I got it without success. Anyway, over
the years, I've ended up with the feeling that kernel builds from
standard Fedora source packages often don't work for me. But that may be
a little hash as I always seem to have a problem when I can least afford
it.

Ian