F9 update lag.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sun Jul 20 18:49:51 UTC 2008

We have something of a problem with F9.
A week ago, we should have pushed out an update for 2.6.25.11
which fixes an exploitable security hole.  It was fixed in CVS
on Sunday, and a build made available shortly afterwards.

It's been held up from being pushed to updates-final due to
problems with the wireless patches that introduce regressions
since the last update that went out.

In situations like this I see us having several choices
(in order of preference)

1. We branch from the older update in CVS
   and add just the security fix, and get that out.

2. We revert all the wireless changes back to the previous update.

3. We ship anyway, with the known wireless regressions.

#3 is of course, guaranteed not to win us friends with the
wireless users.

We should get something out asap though, because it's only a
matter of time before someone leaks an exploit.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk