WebCam drivers ...

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Sat Mar 29 16:45:21 UTC 2008

On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 08:42:22AM +0200, Clinton Lee Taylor wrote:
 > Greetings Hans de Goede ...
 >
 >  I can't comment on the code, but I, and I'm sure many others welcome
 > any effort to improve the WebCam drivers in Fedora.  Many thanks.
 >
 >  I have three USB WebCam's myself
 > - 05a9:a511 OmniVision Technologies, Inc. OV511+ WebCam (Creative )

This one has been working for many years now with the ov511 module.

 > - 05a9:8519 OmniVision Technologies, Inc. OV519 WebCam (D-Link)

This one probably works with the out of tree variant of the same driver.
(For some reason, the author stopped updating the kernel.org variant)
http://ovcam.org/ov511/
(Note it may need some work to run on the latest versions of the kernel)

 > - 046d:08c2 Logitech, Inc.

should be supported by the uvcvideo module.

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk