Add SELinux permissive domains to fedora kernels

Eric Paris eparis at redhat.com
Mon Mar 31 18:33:15 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 14:24 -0400, Dave Jones wrote:
> It is indeed, very late.  I'm concerned by just how much busted stuff
> we have[*], so shovelling in more features after the feature freeze is
> making me wince.  From a quick look at the patches, this is a fairly
> small amount of code that's changing, that looks harmless.
>
> What userspace changes are necessary for this? Are they in place already?

Dan already committed/build the changes to the libsepol library

and then checkpolicy must be patched and rebuilt after the new library
makes it into the build root since checkpolicy uses static linking with
libsepol.

> We'll pick this up anyway in 2-3 months as an F9 update when we rebase
> to 2.6.26, so I guess the userspace bits will have to be done at some point,
> but I'd rather we spent effort beating what we have already into shape
> than forward planning right now.

I want to see usability get to users as fast as I can.  If others object
we will get it in for free in the future, but I know improving selinux
usability is a big deal for this, users have wanted to see such an
options and wanted to get others opinion for committing.

-Eric