patch naming scheme.

Dave Jones davej at redhat.com
Fri Oct 10 19:01:14 UTC 2008

For a while, diffs in the Fedora kernel have followed the form

linux-2.6-*.patch

Then, we started seeing some git snapshots show up as

git-*.diff

and lately, everything seems to have gone bananas, with no
particular scheme at all..

nvidia-agp.patch, percpu_counter_sum_cleanup.patch, xfs-barrier-fix.patch
etc etc.

Maybe I'm being overly anal.  The linux-2.6- prefix is kind of pointless
(given that duh, they're all going to be against Linux 2.6), but it
does group things nicely in an ls output if nothing else.

So, what are peoples thoughts on this?

	Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk